As much as I hate missing progress reports, real life has been getting in the way–as it often does for everyone around this time of year. Here’s my current status:
- Unnamed Shifter Story, based on a Japanese Folktale. Original goal was to expand the story from 15k to 20k. Still sitting at 16k. Haven’t had much luck hunting down research materials for a certain plot element I wanted to add.
- Sci-Fi. Sequel to Bonded. Dev gets his own story and a woman more than capable of taking the playboy first mate down a couple of well-deserved notches. Still stalled at under 5000 words. I’m not sure this one will ever get off the ground at this point–I have definitely written myself into a corner .
- Sci-Fi. Book One of a potential trilogy with the working title of “Phoenix.” Just under 12,000 words into the first draft. Now up to 13,000 words. Little worried about how short this one is turning out, but plan to take a hard look at the world-building I’ve done so far. I tend to go way to light on that, especially in the first draft. It’s something I definitely want to improve on.
- Sci-Fi. Book Two of the same trilogy mentioned above. Working title: “Rebel.” Wrote most of this story before realizing it should be the second book, not the first. Over 13,000 words into first draft and hopefully not too many of those will have to be tossed out when I revise it so the overall story line follows the new one being set out in “Phoenix.” No progress here.
- Fantasy novella. Current working title is “Dragon Sacrifice.” It is book one in a trilogy. Finished the revisions but a possible issue has come up in reading. Will have to decide whether it’s an actual problem, and if it is, have to figure out what I want to do to fix it.
- Fantasy. Book Two of trilogy with the current working title of “Dragon Quest.” Currently up to 7,600 words.
Health-wise, I’ve had a second MRI done on my wrist but haven’t received the results yet. A lot of the progress I made in writing came when I was trying to flare up my wrist for the testing.
Oh, and I’ve finally claimed my Amazon Author page. Haven’t updated the bio section yet, but I do have both of my books connected to it, as well as this blog.